Thursday, September 20, 2007

First Impressions

The view of the city is lovely from the 7th floor of that skyscraper where our first lecture was housed. On a clear day like today, you can see all the way to the hills in the distance. I know this because I've had lectures there during my undergraduate career. I certainly didn't notice any of this today, because I was crammed into a corner of the room, trying desperately not to suffocate as more and more people piled into the room.

There are three kinds of lectures in Informatics; those that are contain so much Maths that only joint CS/Maths students take them, those that focus on cramming as much knowledge as possible into our heads, and those that don't require much Maths or knowledge, but teach us how to actually solve problems. You can probably guess which is the most popular kind.

This lecture was one of those, and despite having a certain fondness for the mathematical courses, I'm not complaining. I merely wish that, at the next lecture, there will be fewer people and more space in the room for other things. Like, for a start, oxygen.

No comments: