Friday, March 21, 2008

Some Reading for your Easter Weekend

I can't seem to find any interesting science stories today. (Maybe everybody's taking an extended weekend off?) So instead, I decided that it was time to round up some of the blogs that I read, but don't cite here so often.

FemaleScienceProfessor

Reading FSP makes me wish that I'd had somebody like her as a lecturer in my undergraduate years, rather than a series of boring white guys. (Not you Dr. S! Nor you Professor W!) She clearly cares about her students and loves her job, always a winning combination. Plus, I find her stories about careless misogyny in academia endlessly fascinating (in a horrifying, hope-I-never-act-like-that way).

Bioinformatics Zen

Not updated very often (kind of like this blog, huh?), but when it is, the articles are always worth reading if you're interested in the nitty-gritty of bioinformatics. Anything related to the field can come up here, whether it's the intricacies of programming, tips on how to get a PhD or humorous characterisations of stereotypical bioinformatics people.

Minor Revisions

This blog is a more recent addition to my reading schedule, but a charming one. Katie gives us a glimpse into the life of a biomedical engineering postgrad, and a very personal glimpse at that. I'm always impressed with people who are willing to share their ups and downs on their blog; it's a (skill? trait? strength?) I don't seem to possess. Katie likes having lots of subscribers to her feed, so go subscribe!

1 comment:

post-doc said...

I do like having subscribers to my feed. :) So thank you.